Lithium’s Dramatic Evolution
Lithium compounds are present in everyday objects and form the
foundation of our growing urban landscape. Lithium and battery
markets are evolving as the market balance transitions from one of
perceived shortages to one that many believe is entering a period
of oversupply. This volatility presents challenges for both
expansions and junior producers seeking to enter the lithium
market, including securing adequate funding, financing,
partnerships, and offtake agreements, especially if there is a fear
of oversupply and falling lithium compound prices.
Global demand for lithium compounds is poised for growth in the coming months and years. As demand for lithium compounds continues to evolve, one trend is for certain: A dramatic evolution from previously fragmented to increasingly concentrated end-use applications.
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Polyolefins: Impact of trade war on the world’s most common plastics
- Global Benzene Markets: Current margin recovery is sustainable or short lived?
- Podcast: September Lithium Market Outlook
- Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track