Lithium’s Dramatic Evolution
Lithium compounds are present in everyday objects and form the
foundation of our growing urban landscape. Lithium and battery
markets are evolving as the market balance transitions from one of
perceived shortages to one that many believe is entering a period
of oversupply. This volatility presents challenges for both
expansions and junior producers seeking to enter the lithium
market, including securing adequate funding, financing,
partnerships, and offtake agreements, especially if there is a fear
of oversupply and falling lithium compound prices.
Global demand for lithium compounds is poised for growth in the coming months and years. As demand for lithium compounds continues to evolve, one trend is for certain: A dramatic evolution from previously fragmented to increasingly concentrated end-use applications.
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Plastic Tax in Europe
- Ethane potential in Chinese LNG imports
- Ethylene Market Outlook Considering the Impact of COVID-19
- The biocides market in the times of Coronavirus
- Latin America’s petrochemical industry: Unexpected changes resulting from COVID-19 and lower crude oil prices
- Chemical recycling of plastics waste – A new business opportunity in the Arabian Gulf
- COVID-19 Impact on Soda Ash Market
- Life Cycle Analysis- a Process Based Methodology