Lithium Market Evolution
The market for lithium, lithium minerals, and lithium chemicals
has seen major changes over the last four years in terms of supply
and demand and will continue to evolve and grow over the coming
five years and beyond. The main driver of growth in demand over
recent years has been secondary (rechargeable) lithium-ion
batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) and portable electronics
During 2013- 17, global lithium consumption increased at nearly 9% annually, with growth of more than 19% per year forecast over the next five years. The main driver for this growth in demand has been lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) for electric vehicles (EVs), including battery electric vehicles (BEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).
We have built on our extensive experience with Lithium minerals & chemicals, electronic/portable devices, electromobility and grid storage.
- Changing course: Plastics, carbon and the transition to circularity
- Factors impacting global fiber demand and growth
- COVID-19 Impact on C4s and Rubbers
- Biojet for aviation – A growth story for the 2020s?
- Podcast: Lithium February Market Outlook
- Assessing the sustainability and performance of green surfactants
- China’s styrene monomer market and its push for higher self-sufficiency
- Polyurethane feedstocks: Is the golden age over?
The global transition to a Circular Economy has reached an inflection point of no return. Read more:… https://t.co/MERV5PKnKx