Lithium Market Evolution
The market for lithium, lithium minerals, and lithium chemicals
has seen major changes over the last four years in terms of supply
and demand and will continue to evolve and grow over the coming
five years and beyond. The main driver of growth in demand over
recent years has been secondary (rechargeable) lithium-ion
batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) and portable electronics
During 2013- 17, global lithium consumption increased at nearly 9% annually, with growth of more than 19% per year forecast over the next five years. The main driver for this growth in demand has been lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) for electric vehicles (EVs), including battery electric vehicles (BEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).
We have built on our extensive experience with Lithium minerals & chemicals, electronic/portable devices, electromobility and grid storage.
- Ineos acquires former Huntsman ethoxylation unit in France
- China’s ethanol push
- BASF slashes forecast on poor November results
- China's CNPC breaks ground on $9.5-billion refinery, petchem complex
- Global trade wars: implications for refined products and chemicals
- Infrastructure developments and midstream opportunities
- Climate change regulations: coming soon to an industry near you?
- The new world of mobility—and what it means for Middle Eastern demand