Lithium Market Evolution
The market for lithium, lithium minerals, and lithium chemicals
has seen major changes over the last four years in terms of supply
and demand and will continue to evolve and grow over the coming
five years and beyond. The main driver of growth in demand over
recent years has been secondary (rechargeable) lithium-ion
batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) and portable electronics
During 2013- 17, global lithium consumption increased at nearly 9% annually, with growth of more than 19% per year forecast over the next five years. The main driver for this growth in demand has been lithium-ion batteries (LIBs) for electric vehicles (EVs), including battery electric vehicles (BEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).
We have built on our extensive experience with Lithium minerals & chemicals, electronic/portable devices, electromobility and grid storage.
- What does “Green” really mean?
- Global Fibers COVID-19 Impact
- Propylene Industry Developments in Northeast Asia
- Plastic Tax in Europe
- Ethane potential in Chinese LNG imports
- Ethylene Market Outlook Considering the Impact of COVID-19
- The biocides market in the times of Coronavirus
- Latin America’s petrochemical industry: Unexpected changes resulting from COVID-19 and lower crude oil prices