Leveraged loan market data snapshot Q4 2019
Total returns for leveraged loan and high yield corporate bond indices continued to grow this quarter, but were outperformed by our investment grade corporate bond index. Secondary market loan price bids rose in the EU, dipped in the US, and dropped significantly in Asia. The full report can be downloaded below.
Q4 report highlights include:
- Loan Index Trend: Total returns for IHS Markit iBoxx USD Liquid Leveraged Loan Index up 2.29% in Q4
- Bond Index Trend: Total returns for IHS Markit iBoxx USD Liquid High Yield Index up 2.86% in Q4
- Pricing Trend: Average secondary market bids drop significantly in Asia
- Top Advancers/Decliners: US and EU
- CLO Trend: Average AAAs tighten slightly in the fourth quarter
- Trade settlement efficiency: (T+) trend and trade settlement volume
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- January 2020 Securities Finance Revenue update
- Corporate Bond Pricing Data, January 2020 Recap
- The Future of Loans in a Digitized World
- IHS Markit Fair Value Case Study
- Borrow costs spike ahead of pre-IPO lockup expiries
- Who would short Tesla?
- Revenues associated with Cannabis equities increase
- Securities Finance 2019 Year in Review
Our collaboration with Credit Benchmark creates the industry’s first solution for managing counterparty credit risk… https://t.co/F25Pdl9UMG
Sprint bonds rallied on the news of the Department of Justice allowing the T-Mobile/Sprint merger. See post-announc… https://t.co/SiTMgvzJNl