Leveraged loan market data snapshot Q4 2019
Total returns for leveraged loan and high yield corporate bond indices continued to grow this quarter, but were outperformed by our investment grade corporate bond index. Secondary market loan price bids rose in the EU, dipped in the US, and dropped significantly in Asia. The full report can be downloaded below.
Q4 report highlights include:
- Loan Index Trend: Total returns for IHS Markit iBoxx USD Liquid Leveraged Loan Index up 2.29% in Q4
- Bond Index Trend: Total returns for IHS Markit iBoxx USD Liquid High Yield Index up 2.86% in Q4
- Pricing Trend: Average secondary market bids drop significantly in Asia
- Top Advancers/Decliners: US and EU
- CLO Trend: Average AAAs tighten slightly in the fourth quarter
- Trade settlement efficiency: (T+) trend and trade settlement volume
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 1 June 2020
- Distressed loan settlement: Is this the calm before the storm?
- KY3P “Know your third party” in the Time of COVID-19
- Daily Global Market Summary - 29 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 28 May 2020
- ESG reports Latin America: Panel of Local Experts Discuss 6 Key Trends in the Region
- Daily Global Market Summary - 27 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 May 2020
Listen to U.S. Senator Thom Tillis (R-NC) in conversation with our O'Hara Macken about the $2 trillion CARES Act an… https://t.co/fQemCbqHGp