Leveraged Loan Market Data Snapshot Q2 2019
IHS Markit released its Q2 2019 Leveraged Loan Market Data Snapshot today - total returns for leveraged loan indices continued to grow this quarter, but were outperformed by corporate bond indices. Secondary market loan price bids dipped moderately, while loan spreads for utilities noticeably widened in North America and the EU.
Q2 report highlights include:
- Loan Index Trend: Total returns for Markit iBoxx USD Leveraged Loan Index up, at 5.27% YTD
- Bond Index Trend: Total returns for Markit iBoxx USD Liquid Investment Grade Index up, at 11.96% YTD
- Pricing Trend: Average secondary market bids drop slightly in US, Europe and Asia
- Sector Trend: Spreads tighten across US and EU, but Utility sector widens
- CLO Trend: Pace picks up in Q2; new issue spreads set the tights
- Trade settlement efficiency: (T+) trend and trade settlement volume
The full report may be download below:
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Excess capital in 2019 stress tests allow banks to hit dividend payout targets
- How to avoid a data management headache post M&A
- IHS Markit Letter to Hong Kong Authorities on UTIs and Unmasking
- Recap of the Inside ETFs Summit: Index Construction and Evolving Best Practices
- Will index rule changes affect how European credit trades vs North America?
- IHS Markit Responds to ECB Market Consultation on EDDI
- NIRI Annual Conference 2019 - Survey Findings
- How are investment managers making ESG decisions?
According to the Dividend forecasting team at IHS Markit, the ordinary payout from US banks is expected to increase… https://t.co/mI6bsx46eY