Customer Logins

Obtain the data you need to make the most informed decisions by accessing our extensive portfolio of information, analytics, and expertise. Sign in to the product or service center of your choice.

Customer Logins

July 2021 Model Performance Report

09 August 2021

Research Signals - July 2021

  • US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Historical Growth model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 9.57%, while the Price Momentum model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe, our Deep Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 11.25%, while the Price Momentum model lagged.
  • Developed Europe: Over the Developed Europe universe, our Price Momentum model returned 3.50% on a one month decile return spread basis, while Deep Value lagged.
  • Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Value Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 6.50%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged. The Relative Value model's one year cumulative performance is currently 20.98%.
  • Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe, our Earnings Momentum model returned 2.54% on one month quintile return spread basis, while Value Momentum lagged. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is still the highest for the EM universe at 10.33%.
  • Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned -0.40%.The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Utilities sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model with a return of 1.90%. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Non-Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking. The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model returned 3.30%. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Energy sector had an unfavorable ranking.
  • Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Insurance model had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 7.81%, while the Retail model struggled. The Insurance model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 14.71% while the Retail model's performance is the lowest at -22.51%.

Download full article

IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.


Follow Financial Services

Explore

RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS

Follow Us

Filter Sort