Julie Martin to lead North American OEM Sales
IHS Markit welcomes Julie Martin to lead North American OEM Sales
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. February 1, 2021- IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, welcomes Julie Martin to the organization as Vice President of OEM Sales in North America, bringing diverse automotive experiences, a strong collaborative, process driven leadership style and an intense customer focus to deepen connections across our OEM client base.
Martin joins the organization with significant leadership experience in sales and procurement from Ford Motor Company, Visteon and Hella, spanning a 30+ year career in the automotive industry. At Ford and Visteon, she was responsible for developing the supply base and purchasing strategies across multiple commodities. At Hella, she served as Head of Purchasing for electronics, leading production and non-production purchasing as well as supplier quality for Hella's electronics plants in North America. Julie was named a corporate Vice President of Sales at Hella in 2014, with global responsibility for lighting and electronics products.
"We're thrilled to welcome Julie to our team," said David Flynn, executive VP of sales for the Automotive business at IHS Markit. "Her experience will help us further develop and align with our OEM clients to provide strategic counsel and solutions to meet business objectives in this dynamic environment. Julie's leadership and engagement with our team and our customer base will be a significant asset as we grow our business by adding deeper insight and value to the market."
Martin was honored by Automotive News in 2015 as one of the top 100 Leading Women in the North American Auto Industry. She holds a bachelor's degree in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University and also is a member of the Executive Advisory Council of AWAF (Automotive Women's Alliance Foundation).
- Impact of Semiconductor Shortages on the Global Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Production
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor
- Plant closures in Brazil likely to cause only short-term impact on South American production
- Key suppliers monitor inventories of propylene derivatives as raw material production resumes