Japan’s Shareholder Meetings in Focus
IHS Markit's Corporate Governance Advisory Team took a look back at the 2020 proxy season and conducted analytical research to gain a better understanding of some of the dominant trends that we expect to remain key topics at Japan shareholder meetings in 2021, as well as extraordinary topics under the pandemic. We have analyzed mainly companies with fiscal years ending March 31st - which constitute the majority (about 66%) of listed companies in Japan. They are generally expected to hold AGMs at the end of June, which also was the busiest month in regard to the COVID-delayed AGM season.
Kazuhiko Tahara, CFA
Principal Advisor, ESG, Governance and M&A Advisory, Issuer Solutions, IHS Markit
Director, ESG, Governance and M&A Advisory, Issuer Solutions, IHS Markit
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- FY2021 Sec Lending Returns in Equity & Fixed Income Indices
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 January 2022
- Daily Global Market Summary - 19 January 2022
- Municipal Calendar Week of January 17th 2022 MLK Holiday
- Reducing reconciliation risks with automation and transparency
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 January 2022
- Weekly Global Market Summary Highlights: January 10-14, 2022
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 January 2022