Japan’s Shareholder Meetings in Focus
IHS Markit's Corporate Governance Advisory Team took a look back at the 2020 proxy season and conducted analytical research to gain a better understanding of some of the dominant trends that we expect to remain key topics at Japan shareholder meetings in 2021, as well as extraordinary topics under the pandemic. We have analyzed mainly companies with fiscal years ending March 31st - which constitute the majority (about 66%) of listed companies in Japan. They are generally expected to hold AGMs at the end of June, which also was the busiest month in regard to the COVID-delayed AGM season.
Kazuhiko Tahara, CFA
Principal Advisor, ESG, Governance and M&A Advisory, Issuer Solutions, IHS Markit
Director, ESG, Governance and M&A Advisory, Issuer Solutions, IHS Markit
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
- Top 5 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk USA Conference
- Top 3 takeaways from the ISDA 36th AGM 2022 in Madrid
- Navigating inefficiency in credit portfolio management
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00