Join us as we discuss dividend recovery globally and share our forecasts for 2021. Register today.… https://t.co/jqJ54IGBOp
IHS Markit Perspectives Special - Issuer feedback on the SEC’s 13-F threshold proposal
Between July 31 and August 10, 2020, IHS Markit's Perception team undertook a survey of the issuer community to gauge initial market reactions to the SEC's proposal to raise the 13-F reporting threshold to $3.5B from $100M.
For this special IHS Markit Perspectives report, we asked Chief Financial Officers and Investor Relations professionals of U.S. listed companies for their feedback on the proposal and how it may impact them. The survey includes a total of 110 issuers, representing $1.94T in market capitalization (ranging from $35M to $400B) and covering all 10 major industries.
- Over 80% of respondents strongly oppose the 13-F proposal and nearly everyone plans to voice their opposition through one or more channels.
- Issuers anticipate that the proposed change will have largely negative impacts to their investor relations workflow, visibility into shareholder activity, and ability to monitor activist investors.
- Many respondents believe that the 13-F threshold level does not need to be changed and instead they offer suggestions about how the 13-F process can be altered to increase transparency.
View preceding report IHS Markit's SEC's 13-F Proposal: Issuer and Investor Analysis
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 January 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 January 2021
- Fast Fashion: Why Brands Need ESG to Slow Down
- Daily Global Market Summary - 13 January 2021
- South Korea Corporate Governance 2020 Review
- Is 2021 the end of LIBOR? Spoiler – it’s not
- 2020 saw highest credit default events since 2009 - what about this year?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 12 January 2021
2021 dividends are predicted to approach $1.78tr, up 6.5% from the $1.67tr paid by the same firms in 2020. Read abo… https://t.co/Qqley4Jnp1