Thursday’s figure of nearly 3.3 million set a grim record. “A large part of the economy just collapsed,” said Ben H… https://t.co/aNB36p7Y2A
In the Israeli parliamentary elections held on 9 April, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party secured 35 of a possible 120 seats, making it the joint-largest party. Likud is likely to form a governing coalition with smaller, right-wing parties, securing Netanyahu's domestic position ahead of his likely indictment for three separate corruption investigations.
Watch Jack Kennedy, a senior analyst on our risk team, as he assesses the outcome.
Follow our ongoing global elections coverage and access our continually updated Global Election database.
- Capital Markets Weekly: Risk of multiple emerging-market defaults increasing
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodities sell off as the shut-downs continue
- Capital Markets Weekly: Market volatility to remain severe amidst flight to cash
- COVID-19 Impact Update: US GDP to plunge to -13% in Q2, unemployment approaching 9.0% by December
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodities drop sharply as the global economy shuts down
- The global economy: Headed for recession
- COVID-19 to precipitate US recession in 2nd quarter
- Fed does not dither: Aggressive monetary policy response to COVID19