New Autology Podcast: Does branded audio necessarily mean premium audio? In this episode, IHS Markit experts discus… https://t.co/5CUzysurEQ
Is COVID-19 impact and SAFE rule an enabler on investment reduction to meet regulation?
IHS Markit's newest whitepaper focuses on the impact of COVID-19 and implementation of SAFE rule, with a nearly exclusive focus on change in market size for various technologies and change in investments by automotive manufacturers, for passenger cars (PCs) and light-duty trucks (LDTs) combined. To understand the full impact of the new SAFE rule requires the comparison of investments in fuel-efficient technologies during Obama-era CAFE standards to the comparable investments required under new SAFE rules. This paper evaluates the economic impact, including the vehicle sales, the powertrain investments required by automotive manufacturers to meet the fuel-economy standards and comply with the regulations (covering Obama-era CAFE standards and SAFE rule), underlying powertrain technology cost-benefit for selective car manufacturers and thereby arriving at potential avoidance of powertrain investment with the introduction of SAFE vehicle rules.
This whitepaper takes a deep-dive into the impact of COVID-19 and SAFE rules. Understanding the impact of SAFE rules and COVID-19 on US market sales in the short term and mid term.
- Worsening run rate, but 2022 global light vehicle production outlook intact
- IHS Markit monthly payment data explain EV challenges and hybrid popularity
- Major revision for global light vehicle production forecast – what it means for OEMs’ technology deployment
- After seemingly defying the challenges facing truck manufacturers globally, Brazil’s plants hit with downtime starting from September 2021
- Luxury SUV growth out-paces mainstream
- Chips still squeezing: YTD 7.4mn units and -10% growth impact
- CPO: Why CPO Matters – September 2021
- Increasing impact of semiconductor shortage on Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle OEMs in Europe
Join us for an upcoming Auto Care Association webinar where our IHS Markit expert, Bradley Mayes, will speak to the… https://t.co/4Cr0A8FXDl
In IHS Markit's October global light vehicle production forecast update, our 2022 production view is a virtually un… https://t.co/H7rzdfyriX