2021 dividends are predicted to increase by 6.5% compared to 2020. Our positive outlook reflects increasing busines… https://t.co/6z4yNniHiI
Investor Relations is a Competitive Advantage
IHS Markit analyzed how Investor Relations can be a competitive advantage for a public company similar to great products, talent, science, assets or operations. The analysis focuses on best-in-class IR programs, identifying what makes these teams stand above the rest, quantifying their success, and understanding how companies can maximize valuation, thereby creating a lower cost of capital and a competitive business advantage. The key findings of the study are:
- Highly effective IR maximizes valuation by supporting a premium of 15% and lowering volatility by 5%, as measured by Beta. (Conversely, ineffective IR leads to a discounted valuation of 10% or more.)
- Valuation has a direct impact on the company's access to (and cost of) capital, which contributes significantly to sustainable business growth, particularly versus lesser competitors.
- These 2 factors taken together provide companies with a significant competitive advantage over time, enabling the firm to invest in business growth for the future. Companies with highly ranked investor relations programs benefit from an optimal valuation and reduced cost of capital.
Any management team wishing to build or enhance its IR function and benefit from these competitive advantages should continue reading . . . download the full report
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- 2021: Brexit, no equivalence and the day of the SEF
- Seven key dividend forecasts for 2021
- IHS Markit to Publish Daily Credit Spread Adjustment for SOFR from Q2 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 January 2021
- A new COO/CCO playbook for financial regulation in 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 19 January 2021
- 2020 Corporate Access Survey Series: Broker Selection and Service Satisfaction
- Corporate actions: How the events of 2020 will impact the year ahead
As the SOFR has been recommended to replace USD LIBOR, we are developing a USD credit spread adjustment, which util… https://t.co/lj7LIoiT81
The equity new issuance market had an unprecedented year in 2020, pricing a record 1,500 deals that raised a combin… https://t.co/Iyd6bSBUKJ