The financial services industry had several challenges this year, however, IHS Markit's Michael McPolin says the pa… https://t.co/Fkt34An61L
Investor Relations is a Competitive Advantage
IHS Markit analyzed how Investor Relations can be a competitive advantage for a public company similar to great products, talent, science, assets or operations. The analysis focuses on best-in-class IR programs, identifying what makes these teams stand above the rest, quantifying their success, and understanding how companies can maximize valuation, thereby creating a lower cost of capital and a competitive business advantage. The key findings of the study are:
- Highly effective IR maximizes valuation by supporting a premium of 15% and lowering volatility by 5%, as measured by Beta. (Conversely, ineffective IR leads to a discounted valuation of 10% or more.)
- Valuation has a direct impact on the company's access to (and cost of) capital, which contributes significantly to sustainable business growth, particularly versus lesser competitors.
- These 2 factors taken together provide companies with a significant competitive advantage over time, enabling the firm to invest in business growth for the future. Companies with highly ranked investor relations programs benefit from an optimal valuation and reduced cost of capital.
Any management team wishing to build or enhance its IR function and benefit from these competitive advantages should continue reading . . . download the full report
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 23 October 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 October 2020
- CVA Acceleration: Going Quasi
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 October 2020
- IHS Markit Fair Value Case Study: China Golden Week 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 October 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 19 October 2020
- Key Takeaways: The Operational Impact of ESG and Future Data Management Practices
Last chance to register for our Next-Gen Regtech 2020 virtual event. Listen to a replay of exciting sessions from D… https://t.co/JG1vaysfAT