Find out how evolving supply chain risk factors are transforming the way procurement leaders source & manage third-… https://t.co/mWcV10bc1x
Investor Relations is a Competitive Advantage
IHS Markit analyzed how Investor Relations can be a competitive advantage for a public company similar to great products, talent, science, assets or operations. The analysis focuses on best-in-class IR programs, identifying what makes these teams stand above the rest, quantifying their success, and understanding how companies can maximize valuation, thereby creating a lower cost of capital and a competitive business advantage. The key findings of the study are:
- Highly effective IR maximizes valuation by supporting a premium of 15% and lowering volatility by 5%, as measured by Beta. (Conversely, ineffective IR leads to a discounted valuation of 10% or more.)
- Valuation has a direct impact on the company's access to (and cost of) capital, which contributes significantly to sustainable business growth, particularly versus lesser competitors.
- These 2 factors taken together provide companies with a significant competitive advantage over time, enabling the firm to invest in business growth for the future. Companies with highly ranked investor relations programs benefit from an optimal valuation and reduced cost of capital.
Any management team wishing to build or enhance its IR function and benefit from these competitive advantages should continue reading . . . download the full report
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- The ESG ecosystem update - Week ending 30 April 2021
- IHS Markit's thinkFolio and Wave Labs partner to deliver insights and operating efficiencies to fixed income managers
- Space SPACs
- Daily Global Market Summary - 6 May 2021
- Variants rise in factor style performance
- Data management in private markets: Where to focus first
- How Data and AI are Changing Investment Analysis
- Daily Global Market Summary - 5 May 2021
Why is fixed income trading still so inefficient in 2021? To tackle this problem, we are partnering with Wave Labs… https://t.co/inR2sabVVo
Read our latest report on SPACs as we explore the previously impenetrable space market which is opening up as the p… https://t.co/FaleFca146