Infographic – Solar PV Trackers: Market Overview
Shipments of solar PV trackers continued annual growth of 40% despite a global pandemic in 2020, as tracker products become increasingly accepted and bankable among solar PV developers and investors. Both the global solar PV and tracker product markets are approaching a potential inflection point over the coming years as PV installations are expected to boom, largely driven by government renewable energy targets, and as tracker suppliers continue to innovate their products to increase performance and reliability with hopes of gaining market share. This opens up significant opportunity for existing and new entrant tracker suppliers to gain market share in this growing market while simultaneously increasing the uptake of trackers across global markets.
Some of the questions answered in this report outlined below:
- How much ground-mount solar PV installations are expected to be installed globally over the next 5 years?
- What is driving uptake of solar tracking systems globally?
- Which countries will account for the majority of tracker installations?
- What is the current competitive landscape among solar tracker suppliers?
- What are the pricing trends for solar PV trackers?
- How is the market for solar trackers changing in terms of centralised versus distributed trackers?
Learn more about our clean energy technology research.
Jason Sheridan is a senior research analyst with the Clean Energy Technology team at IHS Markit.
Posted on 11 August 2021.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Government funds provide tailwind to CCUS growth outlook
- Canadian exports of low-carbon hydrogen could drive a new wave of renewable development
- The Niger Delta Basin: Reform has finally come, but can it revive investment in the oil and gas sector?
- Infographic: Identifying EU Green Investment Opportunities
- Africa Energy and Economy Review and Outlook (2021-22): A Time of Transition to an Uncertain Destination
- South Sudan licensing round to open in early 2022 – An overview of first blocks on offer
- A review of 2021 and the five big questions facing Southeast Asia’s power markets in 2022
- Argentina is ready to lift the veil on its unexplored deep waters
RT @DanielYergin: The strain on global supply chains is not only disruptive, it’s historic. A new comprehensive review across industries by…