Our webinar, "Which regions in Bangladesh will shape the country’s future gas demand story?" is happening tomorrow… https://t.co/JXQxgtFBJG
Infographic – Solar PV Trackers: Market Overview
Shipments of solar PV trackers continued annual growth of 40% despite a global pandemic in 2020, as tracker products become increasingly accepted and bankable among solar PV developers and investors. Both the global solar PV and tracker product markets are approaching a potential inflection point over the coming years as PV installations are expected to boom, largely driven by government renewable energy targets, and as tracker suppliers continue to innovate their products to increase performance and reliability with hopes of gaining market share. This opens up significant opportunity for existing and new entrant tracker suppliers to gain market share in this growing market while simultaneously increasing the uptake of trackers across global markets.
Some of the questions answered in this report outlined below:
- How much ground-mount solar PV installations are expected to be installed globally over the next 5 years?
- What is driving uptake of solar tracking systems globally?
- Which countries will account for the majority of tracker installations?
- What is the current competitive landscape among solar tracker suppliers?
- What are the pricing trends for solar PV trackers?
- How is the market for solar trackers changing in terms of centralised versus distributed trackers?
Learn more about our clean energy technology research.
Jason Sheridan is a senior research analyst with the Clean Energy Technology team at IHS Markit.
Posted on 11 August 2021.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Learning from US oil and gas operator behavior – will upstream operators pivot strategies?
- North American Abandonment and Decommissioning Woes
- US CEPP Proposal: Sizing up what takes to get to 80% clean electricity by 2030
- What does China’s red-hot summer LNG market mean for imports in the coming winter?
- Global crude oil cost curve shows 90% of projects through 2040 breaking even below $50/bbl
- How far is China’s offshore wind from reaching grid parity?
- Understanding policy and regulatory responses on the upstream petroleum industry greenhouse gas emissions
- South Asia regional power market: Moving towards market-based electricity trade