Check out our new research series addressing opportunities and risks for market participants in Southeast Asia as t… https://t.co/g5rZQXG6Ek
Infographic -- Solar PV recycling: Market overview
The success of solar in terms of how quickly the technology has been adopted and installed in large volumes is now beginning to become a challenge. As the number of solar PV retirements continue to increase over the next decades, PV recycling is increasingly becoming an important conversation. Solar industry participants along with market players in adjacent industries are increasingly focused on how best to ensure solar PV modules are optimally recycled. Policy, industry investment in module recycling at scale along with research into how recycled materials can be re-used will be key requirements in the next few years.
Some of the key questions answered in the report are outlined below.
- How much PV capacity will retire by 2050?
- How much PV module waste is expected to be produced?
- Which countries will account for the majority of solar module waste production?
- What is the value of the materials recovered from PV recycling?
- Who are the main PV recycling players?
IHS Markit's Clean Energy Technology service provides an answer to all those questions and more in the Solar PV Recycling Strategic Report and in the upcoming webinar for Clean Energy Technology subscribers on 11th May and available on demand afterwards: Solar and Wind Recycling - An end of life opportunity.
Martina Assereto is a research analyst within the Clean Energy Technology team at IHS Markit.
Posted on 7 May 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- United Kingdom: Sustaining upstream decarbonization momentum
- Morocco’s Anchois discovery
- MPD-capable drillships: a sought-after subset in a heating market
- Freeport LNG outage spawns bearish North American gas market fundamentals and late-2022 uncertainty
- Reactivation of OSVs, a trend that is strengthening across the globe
- Video: Which power markets are most attractive for renewables investment?
- The upcoming and highly anticipated Gazania-1 well has the potential to create significant value for both investors and South Africa
- North American Natural Gas Short-Term Outlook, June 2022
Environmentalists and legal experts are divided on whether the new version of Energy Charter Treaty can help fight… https://t.co/VbhEF39zRN