Do you know... the high impact well Gazania-1 will test a structural play updip from a known stratigraphic oil play… https://t.co/2CAJjy4d4l
Infographic: Assessing biofuel policies and their impact on global markets
The climate change debate is leading to an increased interest in renewable fuels. Whereas emissions from households and industry have been reined in quite successfully, the matter has proven more difficult to tackle in the transport sector.
The year 2009 marked a watershed in the way policy-makers tried to tackle the problem of greenhouse gas emissions from transport, with a paradigmatic shift in both the US and European Union, as they introduced ambitious directives to cut transport emissions by 2020.
Other markets adopted different approaches, all of which has played its part in developing the biofuels industry to where it is today. Strong growth has seen high levels of investment and new players entering the industry, with major IOCs and NOCs adapting their long-term strategies to meet ever-increasing green mandates.
Access our infographic below, summarizing the different biofuel policies being adopted across major country and regional markets, and the impact this is having on the market fundamentals:
To build a deeper understanding on the long-term direction of the global biofuels industry, register for the on-demand IHS Markit Biofuels Outlook Webinar with Dr. Christoph Berg and James Simpson.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Draft PDP8 outlines Vietnam’s future power supply strategy centered around gas and LNG
- Southeast Asia power market was challenged by unprecedented event
- “Coal inertia” remains strong while renewables pipeline accelerates in Asia Pacific, our latest Clean Power Additions Ranking finds
- Biden’s American Jobs Plan: An opening bid to reshape the US power system
- China's changing overseas investment strategy: Implications for the Africa and Middle East power and renewables sector
- March 2021 Refining Short-Term Outlook: Strong improvement in the US and China tempered by setbacks elsewhere
- Asia Pacific Regional Integrated Service Research Highlights, Q1 2021
- Europe’s carbon border adjustment mechanism – Far reaching implications
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Companies in China are aggressively developing gas storage capacity to combat winter gas supply constraint. How wil… https://t.co/a9AdhIZYDM