Our webinar, "Which regions in Bangladesh will shape the country’s future gas demand story?" is happening tomorrow… https://t.co/JXQxgtFBJG
Infographic – Solar PV inverter market overview
The global PV inverter market is expected to grow strongly over the next five years despite short term headwinds such as higher semiconductor components costs and higher freight costs. Suppliers continue to invest in new products to handle higher voltages, be compatible with higher power modules and interact with increasingly stringent grid and cybersecurity protocols. Furthermore, the global solar market continues to grow rapidly in both mature markets such as China (mainland), India and United States and increasingly in new emerging markets. Suppliers will need to expand manufacturing capacity in home markets and in new markets to meet the increased demand.
Some of the questions answered in this quarterly updated report are outlined below:
- Where are the biggest markets for PV inverters in both shipment and revenue terms in next five years?
- How are PV inverter prices forecast to change throughout forecast period?
- Which new PV inverter power ratings are suppliers releasing and how quickly will they be adopted?
- Which new technology trends are impacting the global inverter markets?
- Who are the main PV inverter suppliers and how do their market shares vary by region and by geography?
Learn more about our clean energy technology research.
Siqi He is an analyst within the Clean Energy Technology team at IHS Markit.
Posted on 09 August 2021
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Learning from US oil and gas operator behavior – will upstream operators pivot strategies?
- North American Abandonment and Decommissioning Woes
- US CEPP Proposal: Sizing up what takes to get to 80% clean electricity by 2030
- What does China’s red-hot summer LNG market mean for imports in the coming winter?
- Global crude oil cost curve shows 90% of projects through 2040 breaking even below $50/bbl
- How far is China’s offshore wind from reaching grid parity?
- Understanding policy and regulatory responses on the upstream petroleum industry greenhouse gas emissions
- South Asia regional power market: Moving towards market-based electricity trade