Ineos acquires former Huntsman ethoxylation unit in France
IHS Markit Chemical Week's latest coverage of Ineos unveils their latest competitive strategies. Get the clearest possible view of your position in relation to Ineos with IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance.
Ineos Oxide, an Ineos subsidiary, announced on Thursday that it had acquired an ethoxylation plant at Lavéra, France, from Wilmar International (Singapore). Financial terms were not disclosed. Wilmar, an agribusiness group, acquired the Lavéra ethoxylation plant in 2014 with the purchase of Huntsman's Europe-based commodity surfactants business. Ineos and Wilmar have entered into a toll-manufacturing agreement, under which Ineos will supply ethoxylation capacity to Wilmar from across the Ineos network. Ineos now has alkoxylation capacity at three European sites: Cologne, Germany; Zwijndrecht, Belgium; and Lavéra. Ineos is completing a capacity expansion at Zwijndrecht. Ineos already operates a world-scale petrochemical complex including an ethylene oxide (EO) feedstock plant at Lavéra. The company announced in September 2018 that it would increase EO capacity at Cologne, Lavéra, and Zwijndrecht. "This acquisition comes at an opportune moment for Ineos's Lavéra EO activities following the recent decision to invest in the Lavéra site," says Graham Beesley, CEO of Ineos Oxide. Ineos expects EO capacity at Lavéra to reach 270,000 metric tons/year through the expansion. The company's website says its total alkoxylation capacity before the Wilmar acquisition was 210,000 metric tons/year.
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Enterprise Ethylene Futures Contract Opens on CME; Hub Links to Global Market
- Circular Plastics - Anticipating Disruptions
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Askar Mamin’s website cited a visit to the start of the construction of the Aytra… https://t.co/r8IGreOcXt