Industrial uses of Ammonia and its Derivatives – July 2018
By Bala Suresh, Executive Director, IHS Markit
Products & Solutions
Chemical Economics Handbook
In publication for more than 60 years, the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) provides five-year outlooks and extensive market data on more than 300 industrial chemicals. Find supply, demand, manufacturing processes, price and trade information for individual chemicals or the major chemical groups.
Process Economics Program
This report is concerned with the cost and technology of the manufacture of anhydrous ammonia. Two processes are evaluated in detail-ammonia by steam reforming of natural gas and ammonia by steam reforming of naphtha. Almost all new ammonia plants are using one of these processes. Since these two processes are extremely flexible and many modifications can be made to take advantage of existing plant operations, an effort was made to present the possible process modifications and future innovations that may be employed.
Learn more | Download Brochure
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma