Indonesian new vehicle market grows in October
Indonesian new vehicle market grows 12.3% y/y in October, production up 15.8% y/y. The growth can be attributed to new model launches and strong medium and heavy commercial vehicle demand in the country, thanks to increasing investment in infrastructure and private construction projects.
IHS Markit expects new vehicle sales in Indonesia to be propelled in 2018 by a steady improvement in the country's economy, continuing infrastructure expansion, and new model launches. We expect light-vehicle sales to increase by 5.1% to 1.05 million units this year, while production is forecast to grow by around 7.6% to 1.23 million units.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Near- and long-term challenges in the shift to electrification
- Battery cost trends in the European Union and mainland China
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4