RT @SPGlobal: Essential Intelligence from S&P Global helps you dive below the surface. Because a better, more prosperous world is yours for…
The impact of inflation on fresh fruit and vegetable prices
Supply chain problems and inflation are affecting virtually every commodity at every level. Fresh produce, fruit and vegetable prices have risen at different rates, due to a combination of factors, including:
- Higher input costs such as energy, packaging, and fertilisers
- Labour shortages
- Shipping issues due to surging freight costs and delays
- Strong consumer demand of high-quality of food
- Changing consumer buying practices such as online purchase and
The global price landscape of fresh fruit and vegetables is more volatile than ever, placing even more pressure on food retailers and procurement teams. We do not anticipate a return to "normal" seasonal patterns until 2023.
Our new white paper, Analysis: Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Prices Inflation, contains data and analysis that helps sheds light on the pricing outlook for fresh produce, along with our expectations for the future. It looks at the ongoing cost and inflation picture for selected fresh fruit and vegetable categories: apples, bananas, oranges, lettuce, and potatoes.
Download the white paper now for an in-depth, expert analysis and a dozen charts and tables showing exclusive data.
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Agriculture in transition
- New Generics update 2022: Agribusiness report on active ingredients coming off patent up to 2027
- Significant gene-editing policy changes seen in Europe
- India allows drone-based pesticide spraying
- India eases gene editing regulations
- Interview with Boehringer Ingelheim on the importance of partnerships
- Crop Protection Industry Overview
- Special Report on Food and Ag Commodity Inflation
Each year, we commemorate Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month to celebrate the rich, diverse culture a… https://t.co/oOU06vryXV