IHS Markit Response to FSB Outsourcing Consultation
- Keep a razor-sharp focus on the practicality and proportionality of the application of their rules. Critical outsourcing requirements should be only for genuinely critical activity. Without such an approach, the extra burden on providers will increase costs, reduce competition and make services uneconomical;
- Focus on promoting the maximum consistency and efficiency of approach between sectors and jurisdictions (including on assurance and audit processes);
- Recognize that Regtech solutions have been developed that allow the efficient identification, management and reporting of third-party risks by financial institutions; and
- Be more active in supporting and working with industry utilities to grow and strengthen the pooled or shared assessments approach.
This response followed our recent op-ed on the FSB's work and the growing regulatory interest in outsourcing and third-party risk.'
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Clients of IHS Markit’s thinkFolio get access to pre-trade liquidity insights with Lucera’s LumeALFA Analytics and Neptune Axes
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 June 2021
- The digital shift: Securities processing prepares for a rapid revolution
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 11 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 10 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 9 June 2021
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
LIBOR is set to end in less than 200 days. How are you preparing for the transition? See how polled survey responde… https://t.co/4TRfSLqmA2
With balance sheets swelling faster than technology companies can make use of the capital and demand from investors… https://t.co/s0Oc5XvP52