IHS Markit Response to FSB Outsourcing Consultation
- Keep a razor-sharp focus on the practicality and proportionality of the application of their rules. Critical outsourcing requirements should be only for genuinely critical activity. Without such an approach, the extra burden on providers will increase costs, reduce competition and make services uneconomical;
- Focus on promoting the maximum consistency and efficiency of approach between sectors and jurisdictions (including on assurance and audit processes);
- Recognize that Regtech solutions have been developed that allow the efficient identification, management and reporting of third-party risks by financial institutions; and
- Be more active in supporting and working with industry utilities to grow and strengthen the pooled or shared assessments approach.
This response followed our recent op-ed on the FSB's work and the growing regulatory interest in outsourcing and third-party risk.'
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- South Korea Corporate Governance 2020 Review
- Daily Global Market Summary - 12 January 2021
- Is 2021 the end of LIBOR? Spoiler – it’s not
- 2020 saw highest credit default events since 2009 - what about this year?
- IHS Markit December securities finance snapshot
- Daily Global Market Summary - 11 January 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 8 January 2021
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: January 2021
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
2021 dividends are predicted to approach $1.78tr, up 6.5% from the $1.67tr paid by the same firms in 2020. Read abo… https://t.co/Qqley4Jnp1
This week we reached an industry milestone by passing $30 trillion in lendable assets. Our securities finance datas… https://t.co/M82QME0YEL