IHS Markit Launches Industry's First Fully Hosted, Digital Onboarding Solution for Fund Administrators and Managers
Investor Onboarding digitizes and streamlines collection
and creation of subscription, AML, KYC and tax documents for
end-to-end fund onboarding
IHS Markit has launched Investor Onboarding, the industry's first fully hosted, digital onboarding platform enabling firms of any size to automate, integrate and centralize onboarding and ongoing compliance obligations, while simultaneously simplifying and accelerating the onboarding experience for investors.
"As investor onboarding becomes more complex and time-consuming, the need for greater efficiency has become urgent. Firms that rely on manual processes can take months to collect and validate the data required to collect subscription and tax documentation and conduct due diligence around AML/KYC, FATCA and CRS. This not only poses a serious inconvenience to the firm's investors but also inflates processing costs," said Christina McNamara, Platforms & Regulatory Compliance Director and Global Commercial Due Diligence Lead, IHS Markit. "At the same time, onboarding has been increasingly recognized as an important part of the investor experience. In an increasingly competitive investing landscape, many investment managers are focusing on onboarding as a crucial first investor touchpoint and seeking to differentiate the experience by digitizing and streamlining the process."
The solution offers:
- Enhanced investor experience by enabling users input data once,
creating a golden source that populates multiple forms, including
subscription agreements and tax forms. Data can also be
pre-populated for existing investors, enabling subscribing to
additional funds to be a review and submit function.
- Digitized investor data collection, validation and electronic
signatures, creating a wholistic and validated Investor
- A configurable workflow to align with a firm's back-office
operations, fund documentation requirements and investor
- APIs enabling sharing of investor data with any CRM, due
diligence and compliance monitoring software and approved third
- Collection and storage of investor data in accordance with
security requirements and the Personal Data Protection Act
- Automated collection and validation of US IRS tax forms, Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS) tax residency forms and KYC reviews for both entity and individual investor types.
Investor Onboarding is the latest onboarding solution from IHS Markit, fully integrated with their Tax Solutions and KYC businesses. In 2018, the company launched Onboarding Accelerator, an automated, end-to-end onboarding solution for brokers, custodians and corporates. Built within the Counterparty Manager platform, it integrates entity data, document collection, KYC and tax profile validation, regulatory protocols and self-declarations, legal and credit agreements and operational setup. The platform supports 12,000+ buy sides, 200,00+ entities, and 200+ sell sides.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Inflating market uncertainty
- Portfolio risk management is evolving – how can your tech stack keep up?
- Australia dividends through the macroeconomy lens
- iBoxx GBP Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx EUR Index Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: May 2022
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00