IHS Markit Enhances Data Lake with BI Tools Integration to Support Data-Driven Insights
In July, we announced the launch of our Data Lake, which empowers users to uncover business insights more quickly by exploring, accessing and coalescing our data, their data and third-party data on a single, cloud-based platform. Today, we are building on our core mission of enabling analytics at scale by empowering business intelligence (BI) and other data query tools. The enhancements open up the Data Lake to analytics specialists, allowing them to easily pull data into their BI tools, further supporting the self-service model so valued by clients, and the generation of data-driven insights.
The BI and analytics capabilities are powered by our new SQL interface. It enables connectivity to structured datasets within the Data Lake via any SQL ODBC/JDBC client and provides seamless integration with BI tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI, and data analysis tools, such as Excel. The distributed compute query architecture has been designed to run heavy, interactive, analytical queries on the cloud and easily execute queries at high-speed, irrespective of the volume, velocity and variety of data.
"This latest enhancement to our Data Lake provides a new, rich data source for analytical tools," said Nehal Kenia, head of product for the Data Lake at IHS Markit. "As our clients across all industries - from energy and natural resources to financial services and automotive - increasingly embark on digital transformation projects, we are empowering analytics teams to quickly and easily pull datasets from our Data Lake to support data-driven insights."
For more information on the Data Lake, please visit https://ihsmarkit.com/products/data-lake.html
- Cybersecurity: The fastest growing IoT market
- Consumer, not industrial, will be easiest point of entry for transformative technologies
- 5G: “One network” capability is remarkable, but many challenges are still present
- Blockchain: Industries may not be prepared for the complex technology, but its impact will be huge
- 5G: The best is yet to come
- From fresh lettuce to bulldozers: How LPWA technology impacts asset tracking across industries
- FoD makes a new and stronger argument for fingerprint sensing
- IHS Markit introduces Digital Orbit