European automotive trade associations call for action against no-deal Brexit. In the event of a no-deal, the auto… https://t.co/AwAjsoTmrL
IHS Markit Analysis and Commentary Assessing Brexit's impact on the UK's supply chain
The UK's decision to exit the European Union following the June 23rd 2016 referendum could have some far reaching implications on the long-term viability of UK manufacturing, given the significant supplier-customer interdependency between the UK and the other 27 countries of the European Union.
The prospect of the UK pursuing a "hard Brexit" approach, meaning leaving the single market and reverting to WTO tariff schemes, raises questions on the competitiveness of UK auto manufacturing in the long run given the inter-twined nature of both the outbound and inbound logistics supporting the UK automotive industry. With the UK triggering Article 50 today, IHS Markit Supplier Solutions team has completed an assessment of the impact on OEM sourcing strategies and possible trade policies that the UK government would need to implement in order to retain the competitiveness of UK manufacturing.
View infographic on Assessing Brexit's impact on the UK's supply chain from IHS Markit.
About this Article
For a more complete analysis, IHS Markit solutions experts review the reliance on imports, support for UK exports, supply chain weaknesses, developing a local supply base and a scenarios impact. This full report is available to subscribers of our "SupplierInsight News and Analysis" solution. For more information on this article, please click here.
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
- UK government inaugurates testing facility for autonomous vehicles
- On-going talks about 400 public EV charging stations in Kolkata
- Sneak Preview: Frankfurt Motor Show 2019
- Two US senators question cybersecurity vulnerabilities of connected cars
CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen as a panel of experts discuss how autonomous driving will transform the automot… https://t.co/JQOTxhKoY8
IHS Markit’s Shawn Ryan to participate in the We Guarantee IT panel at Advanced Advertising Summit, October 28 | Ne… https://t.co/Nui0NKhgoi