IHS clarifies autonomous vehicle sales forecast – Expects 21 million sales globally in the year 2035 and nearly 76 million sold globally through 2035
The latest forecast from IHS Automotive calls for sales of nearly 21 million autonomous vehicles in 2035. This is a substantial increase from previous estimates, and is influenced by recent research and development by automotive OEMs, supplier and technology companies who are investing in this area. The new forecast is also based on a wave of recent developments and investments in this sector of the market, as well as activity within various regulatory environments. Between now and 2035, IHS estimates that nearly 76 million vehicles with some level of autonomy will be sold globally.
For additional details, please read our press release.
Posted 9 June 2016
- Major revision for global light vehicle forecast, production impacted well into 2022
- Medium Heavy Commercial Vehicles: The other face of the pandemic in Brazil
- Fuel for Thought: A Rocky Recovery in the Second Year of the Pandemic
- Substantial Internal Cannibalization for Incremental Models
- IAA Mobility 2021: Germany’s new auto show to focus on electric autonomous vehicles and mobility
- Hybrid: Bridge to Electrification – August 2021
- How will 5G impact the driving experience for the consumer?
- Brand Loyalty Among US Auto Consumers Drops to Six-Year Low
Register now for our latest loyalty review webinar with Tom Libby on Tuesday, 9/28 at 1pm ET. Highlights: latest… https://t.co/07RHVNrVjj