IHS clarifies autonomous vehicle sales forecast – Expects 21 million sales globally in the year 2035 and nearly 76 million sold globally through 2035
The latest forecast from IHS Automotive calls for sales of nearly 21 million autonomous vehicles in 2035. This is a substantial increase from previous estimates, and is influenced by recent research and development by automotive OEMs, supplier and technology companies who are investing in this area. The new forecast is also based on a wave of recent developments and investments in this sector of the market, as well as activity within various regulatory environments. Between now and 2035, IHS estimates that nearly 76 million vehicles with some level of autonomy will be sold globally.
For additional details, please read our press release.
Posted 9 June 2016
- EU passenger car registrations increase 7.1% y/y during January – ACEA
- Maven launches car-sharing service in Toronto
- Geely to invest USD5-bil. in setting up NEV production base in China
- Western European car sales start 2018 strongly with 5.6% y/y increase in January – forecast
- Staying ahead of the mobility curve
- Looking Beyond Sport Utilities, Pickups and Sedans to the Other Body Types
- New vehicle sales in South Korea grow 8.7% y/y in January
- US light-vehicle sales rise 1.2% y/y in January, full-year forecast at 16.9-mil. units