IHS clarifies autonomous vehicle sales forecast – Expects 21 million sales globally in the year 2035 and nearly 76 million sold globally through 2035
The latest forecast from IHS Automotive calls for sales of nearly 21 million autonomous vehicles in 2035. This is a substantial increase from previous estimates, and is influenced by recent research and development by automotive OEMs, supplier and technology companies who are investing in this area. The new forecast is also based on a wave of recent developments and investments in this sector of the market, as well as activity within various regulatory environments. Between now and 2035, IHS estimates that nearly 76 million vehicles with some level of autonomy will be sold globally.
For additional details, please read our press release.
Posted 9 June 2016
- Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
- Fuel for Thought: Incorporating Consumer Expectations in the post-COVID-19 Retail Experience
- Low APR Incentives Effectively Offset COVID’s Impact
- New vehicle registrations show record share levels for SUVs
- Brexit to put UK OEMs at risk of failing local content rates?
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: Supplier Strategy Reset
- Fuel for Thought: The Evolving Global EV Landscape
- Does the acquisition of Arm give NVIDIA the keys to autonomous driving?
RT @CERAWeek: The top 25 cities contributes to 50% of new car sales in India, however, rural areas are now expected to drive the growth in…