It's crunch time for cryptocurrency brokers & owners. How will the US infrastructure bill change your tax rules and… https://t.co/KZhAVGyE3y
iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: August 2021
July 2021 Performance
July welcomed the delayed start of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics as well as the easing of restrictions in some countries with sufficient vaccination rates. Singapore, however, turned course in July as the city-state returned to Phase 2 Heightened Alert restrictions given a number of local virus outbreaks related to the Delta variant.
The risk of coronavirus variants stymieing economic rebounds was also reflected in global markets where equity performance was mixed and safe-haven bond markets made gains.
The iBoxx SGD Overall index made 1.34% over the month. Positive returns were observed across the board with the Government portion of the index (approx. 65% of the index by market value) making 1.60% over the month. The Non-Sovereigns part generated 0.86%.
Other observations to note are that:
- Higher credit quality bonds outperformed lower quality segments
- Longer maturity bonds outperformed shorter ones
- AA bonds performed particularly well relative to other rating buckets
Furthermore, the iBoxx SGD Overall index attained a new milestone in July. It began tracking over S$ 200 billion of bond notional amount outstanding, across almost 250 bonds.
The index closed the month offering a yield of 1.62% with a duration of 7.7 years.
August 2021 Rebalance
This rebalance, S$ 4.75 billion of new notional was inserted into the index via 5 bonds, including a 10 year Singapore Government Bond and a 12 year HDB bond.
Three corporate bonds and a Public Utilities Board bond left the index (due to each of their expected remaining lives falling below 1 year) resulting in S$ 637.5 million of notional being removed.
Please refer to the full report for rating changes observed at the August rebalance.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Municipal Calendar Week of 09/20/2021
- Hazeltree Partners with IHS Markit to Deliver Best-In-Class Treasury and Portfolio Finance Solutions
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 September 2021
- What the US infrastructure bill means for cryptocurrency brokers and owners
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 September 2021
Caroline Löfgren from Hg speaks to our own Jocelyn Lewis about key considerations for creating a successful ESG str… https://t.co/dYtKif0vY3
Collateral management and compliance managers need to start preparing for the final phase of IM requirements to ens… https://t.co/G98PRj3KPX