How Data and AI are Changing Investment Analysis
Part of the Strategic Governance and ESG Integration Series
Investment professionals use principal component analysis (PCA) to identify key risk factors that impact portfolio performance. This is one of the traditional statistical methods used, along with other techniques, such as multi-factor risk analysis or a hybrid combination of them. The toolbox for statistical analysis has expanded significantly over the last 30 years. Now, we have a catchier option that uses machine learning. We often call it Artificial Intelligence (AI).
For AI to be useful in investment analysis, we need three key elements:
- Why do we use AI? Know your problem
- What do we have and what is missing? Know your data
- How to do it? Know your algorithm
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
- Top 5 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk USA Conference
- Top 3 takeaways from the ISDA 36th AGM 2022 in Madrid
- Navigating inefficiency in credit portfolio management
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00