RT @IHSMarkit: Today marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities. At IHS Markit, we have created a safe space for this community t…
Hong Kong dividend index points under China's regulatory reset
• As waves of regulatory reform of mainland China swept through Hang Seng Index (HSI), market concerns are reflected in the downward trending index price since October, contrary to the upbeat dividend yield.
• The dividend index points (DIPs) of HSI are expected to increase from 708.5 in 2021 to 747.8 in 2022, representing a 5.6% year-on-year (y/y) growth.
• The Banking sector, which has seen regulatory overhaul in capital reserve and deposit rates to improve profitability and liquidity this year, is expected to continue to dominate the dividend payments in the market, contributing 43.7% of the total DIPs for 2022, followed by the Real Estate, Insurance, and Energy sectors.
• Despite concerns over the tightening regulations on China's technology giants (Alibaba, Meituan, and Tencent), the DIPs of Hang Seng Tech Index are expected to increase from 24.8 in 2021 to 26.7 in 2022, representing a 7.7% y/y growth, as the top dividend contributors (Lenovo, Haier Smart, and ASM Pacific Technology) are mostly immune from the regulatory changes.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Municipal Calendar Week of December 6th 2021
- MSCI Emerging market FY 2021 dividends expected to grow 21.4%
- A new strain on markets
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: December 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 3 December 2021
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: December 2021
- New E-Book: Perspectives Series: Virtual Investor Days
- Daily Global Market Summary - 1 December 2021
Watch a recent interview by Waters Technology with our own JD Singh. They discuss what the buy-side is struggling w… https://t.co/rdmrLxpX47