An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis: Tech Giants and the Auto Industry Mark takes a look at how Tech Giants ar… https://t.co/nz1U12vcvZ
Hispanics are leading multi-cultural growth in the automotive industry
US Analysis: Hispanics are leading multi-cultural growth in automotive industry
In 2020, 29% of new vehicles registered were multi-cultural (Hispanic, Asian, African American). This figure has been increasing since 2011, when multi-cultural share of new registrations was 22% (Fig. 1). Hispanics now make up more than half of the multicultural market, accounting for 68% of industry volume growth from 2011 to 2020 (not shown).
The South is the largest Hispanic region, with continued growth
The South and West regions combined equal about 80% of Hispanic new registration volume (Fig. 2). The South has the largest share, representing 45% of Hispanic new registrations in 2020. This is an increase of 3 points from 2018, at the expense of the West. The Los Angeles DMA® led the decline in the West, while Miami led the increase in the South. However, non-traditional Hispanic markets (e.g., Atlanta, Raleigh, and Charlotte) are also contributing to the boost in the South's share.
Read our full Automotive Advisory Insights from IHS Markit. The February 2021 issue focuses on the US Hispanic market. Additional coverage includes preferences on body style, age cohorts, loyalty and top brands.
1Ethnicity based on person who registered the vehicle.
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
- Confluence of Supply Chain Challenges Across the Global Auto Industry
- Software - an automotive disruptor
- Plant closures in Brazil likely to cause only short-term impact on South American production
- Key suppliers monitor inventories of propylene derivatives as raw material production resumes
- EV loyalty climbs to 55%
- An Automotive Minute - A Shift to Mid-Sized Vehicles with Stephanie Brinley
- Mainland Chinese medium & heavy commercial-vehicle market to fall in 2021
Month-over-month growth (MoM) for March 2021 is positive in 10 out of 11 regions. Check out our new interactive wi… https://t.co/ORzKqG93T6
Join our special webinar on vehicle benchmarking where we present how IHS Markit supports feature and technology ac… https://t.co/Zc8L96gmrx