Greek passenger car market grows during April 2019
The Greek passenger car market has grown by 17.2% year on year (y/y) during April. According to data released by the Hellenic Association of Motor Vehicle Importers Representatives, registrations increased to 12,303 units. This month's figures take growth in the year to date (YTD) to 3.5% y/y at 38,592 units. In addition, sales of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of less than 3.5 tonnes were up by 13.5% y/y during April to 610 units. The improvement this month has helped to maintain registration momentum in the YTD and demand during the first four months is now up by 7% y/y to 2,507units.
Significance: While it has been a mixed bag in terms of growth for the Greek passenger car market so far, with registrations having dipped in March, the general trend is one of increase. Part of the reason for the improvement this month is rental fleets adding new cars for the forthcoming holiday season. However, at the same time, the Greek economy is also continuing a slow recovery that could be bringing customers back to the market, particularly as so many have been holding on to their vehicles for far longer than usual. IHS Markit expects that passenger car registrations during 2019 will grow by 12.1% y/y to 115,900 units, although this will still be far below the average between 2000 and 2009. Furthermore, we anticipate registrations of LCVs with GVW up to 6 tonnes to grow by over 17% y/y to almost 8,400 units.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- An Automotive Minute with Mark Boyadjis - David vs Goliath
- Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis
- An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Vehicle Electrification
- Pivoting to an Electrified Future – The Automotive Industry Amps Up
- Impact of Semiconductor Shortages on the Global Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Production
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Light vehicle sales volumes: Month-over-month growth (MoM) for April 2021 is negative for 7 out of 11 regions. Che… https://t.co/kcsLM4gWRI
Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) includes BEV/PHEV/FCEV and accounted for 5% of all new light vehicles registered natio… https://t.co/4fVc25fnBJ