Another strong year for wind turbine installations globally
In 2018, IHS Markit tracked wind turbine installations totaling 51.3 GW, an 8% increase compared to the previous year. The following infographic summarizes the key findings from our study:
Figure 1: Wind turbine installations
Indra Mukherjee is a Global Wind Power Analyst for IHS Markit.
Posted 29 July 2019
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- The Brazilian Surplus Transfer of Rights – a huge prize and a big challenge
- Corporate renewable procurement pushing solar and wind deployment
- Leaders of LADWP Approve 400-MW Eland Solar/Battery Project
- Another Brazilian pre-salt beyond 200 nautical miles?
- Recent Pipeline Completions Focused on LNG Projects; Upcoming Projects in Permian, Mid-Atlantic
- Navigating the investor landscape for North America unconventionals
- IHS Markit Forecasts $2 Gas in 2020
- 2021 offshore rig market: Out of intensive care but in rehab