Another strong year for wind turbine installations globally
In 2018, IHS Markit tracked wind turbine installations totaling 51.3 GW, an 8% increase compared to the previous year. The following infographic summarizes the key findings from our study:
Figure 1: Wind turbine installations
Indra Mukherjee is a Global Wind Power Analyst for IHS Markit.
Posted 29 July 2019
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- DOE Defends Its 2019 LNG Export Analysis
- Video: Energy Transition in the Oil & Gas Sector
- Duke Firing Up New Asheville Gas Capacity, Coal Units Done by Jan. 31
- Understanding the GHG intensity of crude oil: Composition adds complexity
- Sustainability looms as sand suppliers divest non-core assets and rationalize capacity
- US exported first LPG cargoes to India in 2019
- 2019 - winds of change in Europe's power and gas markets
- Will renewables and gas dominate Southeast Asia’s future fuel mix?