Global Surfactants Industry
Household detergents remain the most important application
sector for surfactants, accounting for approximately 46% of global
consumption in the major consuming regions, with an average annual
growth rate of 2% expected over the next five years.
What are the key factors influencing the industry?
The surfactants industry is considered complex because of
factors such as a broad-range definition of the term surfactants;
many suppliers (more than 500 worldwide); numerous product
chemistries (more than 3,500), intermediates, and blends; a
combination of low- and high-profit products and businesses; a wide
range of applications and customer base; variable captive
production and merchant markets; and interproducer business
relationships and sales.
Gain knowledge in identifying trends and driving forces influencing the surfactants market to forecast and plan for future demand with the Surfactant Specialty Chemicals Update Program.
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration