Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
What are the top challenges that the global polyolefins
industry is facing?
Environmental considerations like China's recycled plastic import ban and circular economics create uncertainty for the supply/demand balances. Regional trade wars and political uncertainty could redirect polyolefin trade. Disruptive technologies for ethylene and propylene have potential to change competitive landscape.
What are the market implications around these strategic issues?
IHS Markit closely monitors and analyzes the global polyolefins market giving you the visibility needed to make confident strategic decisions. The Market Advisory Services provide accurate current near-term market data and analysis while our World Analysis improves your planning and forecasting by understanding the long-term outlook in shifting markets with supply, demand, global capacity, price, cost and margin analysis.
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration