Global Majors - Overhauling their downstream business
Global Majors are overhauling their downstream business due to pandemic-induced downturn and impending energy transition.
The divestment spree of refineries will continue with the structural fuel demand decline and growing sensitivity towards carbon intensity. Going forward, the refineries will leverage low-carbon ecosystem for sustenance.
Global Majors will also be:
- Transitioning their retail sector
- Strong inclination towards refinery-petrochemicals integration
- Penetration into low carbon solutions business
IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance (CSP) gives you access to an in-depth comparative view of your position in the chemical and refining industries. Get the clearest possible view of your competitors' strategies and their effectiveness, for both the refining and chemical industries. Our global company profiles cover 70 of the key companies, providing financial benchmarking and strategic positioning tools as well as expert insights.
Global Majors are overhauling their downstream business due to pandemic-induced downturn and impending energy transition. They will be transitioning their retail sector, integrating with petrochemicals, and penetrating into low carbon solutions business.
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Santos' Darwin Pipeline Duplication (DPD) Project confirmed – Australia's energy transition is taking shape
- Global Fuels Market Outlook
- Global Power and Renewables Research Highlights, September 2022: Implications of the Inflation Reduction Act, global gas supply a key concern for power sector, financing strategies take center stage as interest rates jump
- Toward a reliable low-carbon power system: Navigating the evolving flexibility policy landscape
- Nuclear energy is growing on a global scale
- Video: Latin America -- Renewables keep up the pace amid growing economic uncertainties
- Upward price pressures will make cost savings difficult this year as costs rise by 7% over the first half of 2022
- Securing gas supply for Southeast Asia’s energy transition