Fundamentals Behind Chemical Industry Profitability Cycles - What Does the Future Hold - July 2018
Ed Glatzer, Executive Director, IHS Markit Mark Eramo, Vice President, Global Business Development, Oil, Mid-Downstream and Chemical, IHS Markit
Products & Solutions
Competitive Company Analysis
The chemical industry is fraught with uncertainty. In this environment, leading chemical companies have become more focused on tactical and strategic portfolio management. Tight monitoring of competitor activity is also important, but gathering credible intelligence can be a time-consuming and challenging process. In an environment of rapid change and market volatility, attaining this competitive advantage can make the difference between success and failure.
Learn more | Download BrochureCompetitive Company Analysis
Chemical Competitive Cost and Margin Analytics
Competitive Cost and Margin Analytics (CCMA) from IHS Markit provide detailed country-level economics for the world's major chemicals. This data is based on an analysis of the cost structure of each individual production unit around the globe and spans a 10-year timeframe, 5-year history and 5-year forecast. With this information clients can examine how variation in capacity, feedstocks and process technologies are impacting plant economics at the country level.
Process Economics Program
Compare new chemical process technologies and economics faster and at less cost. New chemical manufacturing technologies can pose an opportunity or a threat. Whether you are acquiring a new technology or responding to a rival, the ability to quickly compare technical designs and production costs is a competitive advantage.
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition