Fundamentals Behind Chemical Industry Profitability Cycles - What Does the Future Hold - July 2018
Ed Glatzer, Executive Director, IHS Markit Mark Eramo, Vice President, Global Business Development, Oil, Mid-Downstream and Chemical, IHS Markit
Products & Solutions
Competitive Company Analysis
The chemical industry is fraught with uncertainty. In this environment, leading chemical companies have become more focused on tactical and strategic portfolio management. Tight monitoring of competitor activity is also important, but gathering credible intelligence can be a time-consuming and challenging process. In an environment of rapid change and market volatility, attaining this competitive advantage can make the difference between success and failure.
Learn more | Download BrochureCompetitive Company Analysis
Chemical Competitive Cost and Margin Analytics
Competitive Cost and Margin Analytics (CCMA) from IHS Markit provide detailed country-level economics for the world's major chemicals. This data is based on an analysis of the cost structure of each individual production unit around the globe and spans a 10-year timeframe, 5-year history and 5-year forecast. With this information clients can examine how variation in capacity, feedstocks and process technologies are impacting plant economics at the country level.
Process Economics Program
Compare new chemical process technologies and economics faster and at less cost. New chemical manufacturing technologies can pose an opportunity or a threat. Whether you are acquiring a new technology or responding to a rival, the ability to quickly compare technical designs and production costs is a competitive advantage.
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Enterprise Ethylene Futures Contract Opens on CME; Hub Links to Global Market
- Circular Plastics - Anticipating Disruptions
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market
- Turbulence in Polyolefins Trade Flow Patterns
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?