Fuel for Thought: Technology Evolution in the Heavy-Duty Commercial Industry
Automotive Monthly Newsletter and Podcast
This month's theme: Technology Evolution in the Heavy-Duty Commercial Industry
Our January podcast features special guest, Jon Morrison CEO of J&M Strategic Insights and former president of WABCO Americas.
The buzz around the commercial vehicle industry over the past few years has centered around the adoption of alternative propulsion. However, we are also in a time where data is transforming the industry and giving fleets, distributors, and manufacturers more insights than they have ever seen. As Jon Morrison points out in the latest "Fuel for Thought" podcast, technology has really moved to the forefront of an industry that was traditionally viewed as being non technically oriented. When you look at the trucks and transportation and their interface with the logistics world, technology has pushed itself to the forefront starting with safety technology and now onto logistics and supply chain management.
We are at an inflection point between understanding volumes, historical trends and replacement rates, and slowly moving towards predictive analytics. Fleets have access to more information now, more than ever due to telematics. As the technology continues to evolve this data will help fleets to utilize predictive analytics at a component level to minimize unscheduled maintenance. The end result will keep drivers on the road and help fleets maximize profitability and uptime.
Join us at HDAW Booth 800 on Tuesday and Wednesday, January 25th and 26th. IHS Markit will also be moderating a panel on how the industry is managing the supply chain challenges on Tuesday January 25th at 11am Central at the Gaylord Texan Resort.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q1 2022
- May 2022 production forecast sees variations from region to region
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
The global auto industry continues to navigate a challenging supply chain environment as well as lingering COVID-19… https://t.co/Z5fAb0yo7i
What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM