French Annual General Meeting Season Review 2020
In many aspects of the 2020 proxy season in France, the turn of events was totally unprecedented. The Covid-19 pandemic deeply impacted the economic environment all over the world and practically every aspect of our lives. Corporate life was no exception. For our clients and more, Annual General Meetings (AGMs) were held with new constraints, using new digital means, mostly behind closed doors. In terms of content, issuers had to often propose reduced dividends if not canceled, announcing executive pay cuts, facing stronger shareholder engagement and activism, while an increasing number of Companies brought the discussion on their social engagement through Corporate Purpose. This is unprecedented and yet…
By Alexandre Prost and Benoît Belliat
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Chartis RiskTech BuySide 50: Financial Risk Analytics Wins Investment/Market Risk Category
- Defensive Strategies for the Asian USD High Yield Credit Market
- South Korea Dividends - More to be Discovered
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00