Freddie Gold PC to Mirror UMBS Exchange Goes Live, May 2019
Market participants have highly anticipated the May 7 go-live date for the Freddie Gold PC to Mirror UMBS exchange. The live exchange of eligible legacy Freddie Gold 45-day securities into 55-day Freddie Mirror securities is a crucial step in advance of the upcoming launch of the combined Freddie/Fannie UMBS TBA on June 3. The June 3 go-live date for UMBS TBA will be another key milestone, as the TBA market is where investors access the vast majority of the available liquidity in the agency MBS market.
IHS Markit has been monitoring exchange activity. Freddie Mac has successfully exchanged $563.9mm in unpaid balance prior to the May 17 settlement for testing purposes:
**Data provided by Freddie Mac
As of May 16 at 12:00pm noon, there is currently approximately $22.24bn in current unpaid balance of exchange-eligible Freddie Gold PCs scheduled for settlement into Mirror securities on May 17.
IHS Markit provides pricing on both legacy Gold PCs and the new Mirror UMBS through our Fixed Income Pricing service. Additionally, the May 2019 release update of Price Viewer will also display exchange activity that a Gold PC may experience.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Comstock Resources - Corporate Bond Pricing
- MiFID II Midpoint: Meetings with the SEC, and global unbundling acceleration
- Key Takeaways from DIRK 2019
- The Autocorrect - Weekly Investor Relations Newsletter
- Tax Due Diligence – The first solution isn’t always the right solution
- The Future of IR – Becoming a Trusted Strategic Advisor
- Mixed outlook for FTSE 100 dividends
- GlobalCapital Continues to Award IHS Markit for Innovation in Pricing, Valuations and Indices