IHS Markit, estimating that global demand for batteries hit 154 GWh in 2018, including rechargeable batteries used… https://t.co/3yLOFkWCYN
Forecasting the future for HFOs – The difference an election makes
Recent US action on climate change policy has been the result of executive order. As we approach the US presidential election it is clear that a new administration will cause some chemicals to fare better than others depending on which candidate wins. In the case of hydrofluoroolefins (HFOs) we have a new class of refrigerants designed to be benign alternatives to hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) which are accused of causing Global Warming. A Clinton administration will likely continue the policy trajectory established by President Obama and continue the phase outs of Global Warming chemicals such as HFCs and in turn usher in the replacement by HFOs and other chemicals with less Global Warming impacts. But a Trump victory will potentially rescind prior executive orders on Global Warming and may instead delay or even derail the future growth of HFOs in air conditioning and refrigeration. Consequently, the election outcome puts an additional layer of uncertainty: for HFO and HFC growth forecasts, the material resource planning for the entire supply chain feeding refrigerant production as well as causing uncertainty of the chemical requirements for appliance manufacturers of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
Chemweek Article - Refrigerants ain't what they used to be.
- Inorganics 2019 Strategic Issues
- US-China trade dispute – implications for the global natural gas liquids market
- Global Methanol Strategic Issues 2019
- Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
- Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
- The rule of three - The United States, Russia and Saudi Arabia, are the oil superpowers supplanting OPEC in a new world order
- ExxonMobil outlines Guangdong derivative plans
- Flavor and Fragrances Industry
PPG reported 1st qtr net income down 7% YOY, to $312MM on sales down 4%, to $3.62B. Volumes were down 3% with about… https://t.co/EV0etBog4l
Sustainability dominated discussion at this year’s ACC Responsible Care & Sustainability Conference, as participant… https://t.co/Gkv1SJpchh