The last trading day of one of the most volatile quarters in both the debt and equity markets on record was incongr… https://t.co/wim2PBrDrc
February 2020 Model Performance Report
Research Signals - February 2020
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Historical Growth model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 6.25%, while the Value Momentum 2 model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe our Earnings Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning only 0.85%, while the GARP model lagged. The performance of the Earnings Momentum model was driven by the performance of the short portfolio.
- Developed Europe: Within the Developed Europe universe our Price Momentum model was the top performer on a one month decile return spread basis, returning 2.26%, while the Deep Value model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Deep Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 1.70%, while the Relative Value model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 17.07%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 2.59%, while the Deep Value model lagged. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is the highest for the EM universe at 13.13%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned 2.60%. The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Energy sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model performed well, returning 0.70%. The Cyclicals sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had an unfavorable ranking. The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model returned 2.90%. The Healthcare sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had a unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Semiconductor and the Insurance models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 1.65% and 0.52%, respectively, while the Oil and Gas and the Technology models struggled. The Oil and Gas model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 16.11% while the REIT 2 model's performance is the lowest at -6.28%.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 31 March 2020
- Investor and Issuer Engagement in Uncertain Times - Part 3
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 30 March 2020
- Stocks enjoy a breath of fresh air
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 27 March 2020
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 26 March 2020
- All Focus on Flattening the AGM and COVID Curve
- Diagnosing factor performance during epidemics
Brittany Garland from IHS Markit addresses the onboarding challenges that industry participants are facing. Watch… https://t.co/9lkidyrAxu
US stocks emerged out of the shortest bear market in history last week with three consecutive days of gains. Given… https://t.co/zqEyB7QnBz