February 2019 Model Performance Report
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Historical Growth model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance returning 3.15% during the month while the Deep Value model lagged. The performance of our models over the US Small Cap universe was weak with the Earnings Momentum returning only 1.39%.
- Developed Europe: The models over the Developed Europe universe struggled during the month. The poor performance of the models was driven by the long portfolios.
- Developed Pacific: Our models struggled over the Developed Pacific universe during the month, with Earnings Momentum returning only 0.89%. The Deep Value model's one year cumulative performance is currently 14.08%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Earnings Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 0.92%. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance has improved to 20.39%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model performed well returning 2.30%.The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Non-Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model was flat for the month, returning 0.00%. The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had an unfavorable ranking.The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model performed well returning 2.90%. The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had a unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the REIT and the Bank and Thrift 2 models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 2.71% and 2.49%, respectively, while the Oil and Gas and the Technology models struggled.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
- UMBS TBA Trading Begins
- Overstock.com: Lendable shares in short supply
- IHS Markit KYC Services leverages new technology to enhance managed services and public data
- Enterprise Data Management: A year in review
- One Day in Paris: Taking the Temperature of Investment Research Evaluation
- BMR and the Third Country Regime
- Hedging the corporate profit cycle
- Bondholders enjoy their day in the sun
Since the start of forward UMBS TBA trading this month, early market indicators suggest that appetite for Freddie T… https://t.co/98zNJxUNpv