The fourth quarter of 2019 saw the new issuance market release 175 deals for $46.7B in proceeds, marking a 30.8% de… https://t.co/9yhQ3eycdQ
Factor performance remains linked while stocks decouple
Research Signals - August 2018
US stocks continue to decouple from other regional markets this year, particularly versus emerging markets. At the same time, investors look for the Federal Reserve to continue on its rate increase trajectory, contrary to other major central banks. However, buoyant US stocks saw positive performance from price momentum factors, at the expense of valuation, a theme that carried over to several other developed markets (Table 1), as investors wait to see if trade and currency concerns plaguing emerging markets will spill over to developed economies.
- US: High momentum large and small cap names saw a spike in performance, with 11.1 and 6.6 percentage point swings, respectively, in Industry-adjusted 12-month Relative Price Strength spread performance since June
- Developed Europe: Valuation factors were an underperforming group, including such measures as TTM Free Cash Flow-to-Enterprise Value and Industry Relative Leading 4-QTRs EPS to Price
- Developed Pacific: Book-to-Market dropped from being a positive indicator in markets outside Japan to a strong negative signal, with a 12.5 percentage point swing to the weakest spread performance since February 2009
- Emerging markets: Large cap names outperformed, alongside lower risk names gauged by Average Monthly Trading Volume-to-Market Cap
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- US economy starts 2020 on solid footing as flash PMI hits ten-month high
- UK Flash PMI signals economic rebound as uncertainty lifts
- IHS Markit European GDP Nowcasts: Eurozone growth remains muted despite return to growth of Germany in first quarter
- US dividends to hit record high in 2020
- iBoxx Liquid Leveraged Loan TRS Reaches Record Volume
- LNG JKM Option Pricing - IHS Markit's Totem - Another First
- Seven key dividend forecasts for 2020
- Is BB the place to be?
How do private equity firms access the best co-investment opportunities? Hear from Rishi Kotecha, Head of EMEA Priv… https://t.co/kq53pErRn6