CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen in as Asher Bennett, Founder & CEO, Tevva Electric Trucks, discusses long-range… https://t.co/oA3VN4GvIY
EV charging standards in China and Japan
Japan's CHAdeMO association, the organisation promoting electric vehicle (EV) charging standards, is negotiating with China's State Grid Corporation to launch a joint project to create unified standards governing EV charging in the two countries, reports the Nikkei. The standards include charging methods, plug design, and other aspects. According to an announcement by CHAdeMO, its standards cover more than 18,000 charging points in 71 countries, including 7,241 in Japan, 6,260 units in Europe, and 2,362 in North America. China has its own GB/T charging standards.
Significance: Having common charging standards will not only help reduce the development and supply-chain costs of EVs, but will also help in setting up a consistent and convenient charging network compatible with all the vehicles. China is one of the world's fastest-growing market for new energy vehicles (NEVs), which include electric vehicles (EVs), and having common charging standards will make it easier for Japanese automakers such as Honda, Toyota, and Nissan to introduce an increasing number of EV models in China.
About this article
The above article is from AutoIntelligence Daily by IHS Markit. AutoIntelligence Daily provides same-day analysis of automotive news, events and trends. Get a free trial.
- Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio
- Gaping gap between EV wireless and plug-in charging technologies
- New vehicle sales in Vietnam surge over 21 percent in first half of 2019
- Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
- Eleven companies publish guiding principles for self-driving vehicles
- Swedish light-vehicle registrations in June slump on high base
- US state Michigan unveils EV Charging Infrastructure Package
- China extends tax break for NEVs to 2020
An Automotive Minute - Episode 27 Listen in as Chris Hopson discusses US Light Vehicle Sales Volumes for the month… https://t.co/AofI08A3J7
Autonomous vehicle testing centre opens in Ohio. The Ohio state authorities (United States) have opened a 540-acre… https://t.co/Pq6tpj6mA8