IHS Markit analysts are prepping for CES and looking forward to January’s event! To find out who's attending click… https://t.co/jKukc0rVC7
EU passenger car registration growth slows in May
EU passenger car registration growth slows in May to 0.8% increase - ACEA
The passenger car market rose more slowly in May, after April's strong 9.6% year-on-year (y/y) uplift, with the corresponding negative calendar effect in some markets making growth slow to a 0.8% y/y increase in registrations to 1,398,913 units, according to the latest data published by the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association. IHS Markit expects that the passenger car market in the EU will grow by 1.6% y/y to almost 15.4 million units during 2018. However, this year looks to be a near-term high, before tipping backwards in 2019 and sitting between 15.1 million and 15.2 million units during the next decade.
Read the full article
The above article is an excerpt from AutoIntelligence Daily by IHS Markit. AutoIntelligence Daily provides same-day analysis of automotive news, events and trends. Get a free trial and read the full article.
- Russian light-vehicle sales rise in November
- German passenger car registrations fall in November
- Mexican light-vehicle sales decline 5.4 percent in November
- South Korean OEMsֹ’ global sales decline 5 percent in November
- Key automotive introductions expected at AutoMobility LA 2018
- IHS Markit wins award for its Dealer Network Planning solution
- Malaysia sales and production forecast
- Indonesian new vehicle market grows in October