Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs
EU Passenger Car CO₂ Emission Target and Impacts Under the Green Deal
How will the EU market and key car manufacturers comply under the 2030 target?
Under the IHS Markit baseline sales forecast (S0), the EU market will be composed of 31% BEVs, 10% PHEVs, 12% HEVs, and 43% MHEVs in 2030. The market will be significantly under compliant under either the current legislation or proposed further CO2 target reduction in 2030. Significant powertrain changes are needed to move towards 2030 compliance.
Two pathways are evaluated for the EU market to meet 2030 CO2 emission target:
1. Overall powertrain mix upgrade, and
2. Dedicated BEV boost
What-if analysis shows that a nearly 40% BEV share is needed for the market to achieve the current 2030 target under 37.5% reduction requirement, and 51-56% BEVs are expected to meet 50-55% target reduction if the market relies heavily or solely on BEVs for compliance. Or if within the allowance of updated legislation, that is, assuming no ZLEV mandate, a significant bump of HEVs from MHEVs, along with a milder increase of BEVs and PHEVs, will lead the market towards compliance. Under the powertrain mix upgrade pathway, nearly 35%, 46%, and 50% BEVs are needed to comply under the three target scenarios respectively, i.e. 37.5%, 50%, and 55% target reduction in 2030 from the 2021 level.
Download the latest whitepaper for the assessment of powertrain mix and BEV boost pathways, and discover our projected 2030 passenger car CO2 emission target and how to achieve it under each target scenario.
- Drivers reveal exactly how fast they want EVs to charge – and these cars are setting the pace
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
- Domestic versus Imported Vehicle Loyalty
Automotive industry: expected future development amid Sars-CoV-2 and long-term trends. Cu2 Consulting discusses ten… https://t.co/mcpxGbEJTF