Effect of COVID-19 pandemic on refining and refiners
The reality of the downstream industry with COVID-19 pandemic is grim, due to one of the largest demand destruction events the world has seen. The refining companies experienced sharp drop in refining margins; slashed their capex and lowered utilization rate to sustain through the crisis.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Pressure mounts to allow new players to procure renewable power in South Africa
- Texas to outshine California in utility scale PV installations in 2020
- Case Study: In a future case with deep decarbonization, how would the operation and profitability forecasts evolve for various technologies?
- How decarbonisation policies will transform the biofuels industry
- Exciting Changes to IHS Markit’s North America Coal Coverage
- Heuristic assessments of LMP understate arbitrage margins for energy storage
- Greenhouse gas emissions - why methane is critical to the full picture
- Venezuela exports near zero - how are refineries coping