Effect of COVID-19 pandemic on refining and refiners
The reality of the downstream industry with COVID-19 pandemic is grim, due to one of the largest demand destruction events the world has seen. The refining companies experienced sharp drop in refining margins; slashed their capex and lowered utilization rate to sustain through the crisis.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- Key trends shaping upstream above-ground risk in 2022
- 2022 High impact well report
- Government funds provide tailwind to CCUS growth outlook
- Canadian exports of low-carbon hydrogen could drive a new wave of renewable development
- The Niger Delta Basin: Reform has finally come, but can it revive investment in the oil and gas sector?
- Infographic: Identifying EU Green Investment Opportunities
- Africa Energy and Economy Review and Outlook (2021-22): A Time of Transition to an Uncertain Destination
- South Sudan licensing round to open in early 2022 – An overview of first blocks on offer