Effect of COVID-19 pandemic on refining and refiners
The reality of the downstream industry with COVID-19 pandemic is grim, due to one of the largest demand destruction events the world has seen. The refining companies experienced sharp drop in refining margins; slashed their capex and lowered utilization rate to sustain through the crisis.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- How do batteries make money in US power markets?
- Reform meets opposition: Mexico’s PV market faces decline amidst regulatory uncertainty
- Racing for growth: Are oil and gas companies overheating the renewables sector?
- North Sea CCS: Consistent policy support is key to unlocking investment in offshore carbon storage
- Carbon prices: Taxes and carbon markets increasing to drive company behavior
- Africa set to lose out on USD25 billion in investment amid global upstream flux
- US utilities follow a “shift to safety” strategy
- Zama: A potential success story in Mexico
Rio Oil & Gas will take place this year from December 1st - 3rd. A 100% digital experience with great discussions &… https://t.co/FFn2Y1qOMM