Effect of COVID-19 pandemic on refining and refiners
The reality of the downstream industry with COVID-19 pandemic is grim, due to one of the largest demand destruction events the world has seen. The refining companies experienced sharp drop in refining margins; slashed their capex and lowered utilization rate to sustain through the crisis.
Follow IHS Markit Energy
- How will China’s gas storage development alter LNG import seasonality?
- In search of better days: Five anticipated trends in 2021 for global power and renewable markets
- Despite near-term demand improvement, long-term refinery surplus looms
- Renewables are the cheapest source of electricity in South Asia
- Chinese domestic LNG price spikes again: How is it different from the 2017/18 winter?
- India energy sector: Key questions for 2021
- US biofuels have been boosted by the RFS and RINs, but can a fresh approach drive new growth?
- Whitepaper: Higher Voltage Standards Help Reduce LCOE for PV Systems