Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) includes BEV/PHEV/FCEV and accounted for 5% of all new light vehicles registered natio… https://t.co/4fVc25fnBJ
Dubai extends free EV charging incentive to 2021
The Dubai electricity and water authority (DEWA) has extended the date for its free electric vehicle (EV) charging incentive to the end of 2021, according to Zawya. The extension applies to non-commercial users registered for the EV Green Charger Initiative, while commercial users including government, semi-government, and private organisations will be charged 29 fils per kilowatt hour beginning from 1 January 2020. The incentive provided to non-commercial users will only be applicable on DEWA public charging stations and not on home charging.
Significance: Dubai has been offering incentives, including free vehicle registration, use of charging stations, highway tags and a licence plate for consumers opting for EVs since September 2017. The move is part of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy's (DSCE) ambitious "Green Economy" drive, which was prompted by the deregulation of fuel prices and the low lifecycle cost of hybrid vehicles compared with normal vehicles. Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of DEWA, had then said, "This supports the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 for Dubai to have the lowest carbon footprint in the world by 2050 and the Dubai Carbon Abatement Strategy to slash carbon emissions by 16% by 2021".
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis
- An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
- An Automotive Minute with Stephanie Brinley - Vehicle Electrification
- Pivoting to an Electrified Future – The Automotive Industry Amps Up
- Impact of Semiconductor Shortages on the Global Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle Production
- Fuel for Thought: Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Commitments to carbon-neutral economies accelerate the reshaping of the automotive industry
- An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry