Michael Robinet discusses the steps the automotive industry will need to consider while recovering from COVID-19. https://t.co/Sw62CdGFp3
Dubai extends free EV charging incentive to 2021
The Dubai electricity and water authority (DEWA) has extended the date for its free electric vehicle (EV) charging incentive to the end of 2021, according to Zawya. The extension applies to non-commercial users registered for the EV Green Charger Initiative, while commercial users including government, semi-government, and private organisations will be charged 29 fils per kilowatt hour beginning from 1 January 2020. The incentive provided to non-commercial users will only be applicable on DEWA public charging stations and not on home charging.
Significance: Dubai has been offering incentives, including free vehicle registration, use of charging stations, highway tags and a licence plate for consumers opting for EVs since September 2017. The move is part of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy's (DSCE) ambitious "Green Economy" drive, which was prompted by the deregulation of fuel prices and the low lifecycle cost of hybrid vehicles compared with normal vehicles. Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of DEWA, had then said, "This supports the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 for Dubai to have the lowest carbon footprint in the world by 2050 and the Dubai Carbon Abatement Strategy to slash carbon emissions by 16% by 2021".
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 7 April 2020
- China steps up efforts to boost auto industry, lowers market access requirements for EV makers
- COVID-19 Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index
- Western European passenger car market falls in March
- Suppliers expect adoption of interior surface lighting to increase over next three to seven years
- Imported vehicle sales in Japan decline 11.5% y/y during March
- Daimler discusses ‘organic’ battery research and development programme
Commercial Vehicle Rapid Response Report - 8 April 2020 With March having come to a close in calendar week 14, the… https://t.co/RzCNkM0FJ7
COVID-19: Automotive Retail Crisis or Opportunity? Register for the latest episode of Fuel for Thought.… https://t.co/BvDgTy4GyO