Dubai extends free EV charging incentive to 2021
The Dubai electricity and water authority (DEWA) has extended the date for its free electric vehicle (EV) charging incentive to the end of 2021, according to Zawya. The extension applies to non-commercial users registered for the EV Green Charger Initiative, while commercial users including government, semi-government, and private organisations will be charged 29 fils per kilowatt hour beginning from 1 January 2020. The incentive provided to non-commercial users will only be applicable on DEWA public charging stations and not on home charging.
Significance: Dubai has been offering incentives, including free vehicle registration, use of charging stations, highway tags and a licence plate for consumers opting for EVs since September 2017. The move is part of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy's (DSCE) ambitious "Green Economy" drive, which was prompted by the deregulation of fuel prices and the low lifecycle cost of hybrid vehicles compared with normal vehicles. Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of DEWA, had then said, "This supports the Dubai Clean Energy Strategy 2050 for Dubai to have the lowest carbon footprint in the world by 2050 and the Dubai Carbon Abatement Strategy to slash carbon emissions by 16% by 2021".
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- US DOT releases latest version of federal guidelines for automated vehicles
- Vehicle production in Turkey declines 6% y/y during 2019
- South Korea to increase e-mobility subsidy budget for 2020
- Tesla plans production of up to 500,000 upa at new German plant
- Automotive Industry Leaders Join IHS Markit in Key roles
- CES 2020: Technology drives architecture transformation in the vehicle, bringing disruption and opportunity
- Ola signs up over 10,000 drivers ahead of London launch
- EU passenger car registrations grow 4.9% y/y during November – ACEA
US DOT releases latest version of federal guidelines for automated vehicles. Read more: https://t.co/NIGhbFRwLp