Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine demonstrates over 90% efficacy as hope builds for an early end to the pandem… https://t.co/7oajgLXB0B
Drug patent expirations 2014
2014 is shaping up to be among the quietest years in recent memory as the patent cliff reaches its end - although there will be a notable spike again in major drugs going off-patent in 2015. For the year ahead, Merck & Co is most exposed to patent expirations. A series of drugs will lose their exclusivity in either the US or Europe, including major products like Temodar, Avelox and Remicade. There will be significant activity in Europe this year with a series of interesting patent expirations. Most notable will be Sanofi's Lantus (insulin glargine), where there is a potential for Lilly to enter the biosimilar market by the end of the year. Similarly, patents for key drugs that have driven a significant portion of biopharmaceutical growth in the last ten years - including Herceptin, Rituxan and Remicade - expire in Europe this year.
- Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine
- Mixed news on COVID19 vaccines: COVID-19 R&D tracker
- Innovation in Japan’s regenerative sector
- US drug prices could be drastically impacted by Most Favored Nation executive order
- Global healthcare spend to remain stable
- The pandemic pricing dilemma: A COVID-19 vaccine at-cost or for profit?
- US school re-opening decisions in a pandemic environment are complex – data can help
- Trump resurrects International Reference Pricing (IRP) proposal on pharmaceuticals with executive order
Register from the latest on the progression of the pandemic and the future that lies ahead of us from our Vice Pres… https://t.co/GiqhM1V318
We are expecting major clinical readouts from several key COVID-19 vaccine and therapeutics candidates- our weekly… https://t.co/aIcNOmccrx