The new issuance market picked right back up where it left off before a slow 4 July week, as 27 deals priced (10… https://t.co/AVrrpbXU0E
Digging down under quant performance
Research Signals - September 2018
As an export economy, Australia is vulnerable to global economic developments which have caused many global markets to decline in recent months. However, the Australian share market ended August trading near ten-year highs off early-April lows, despite trade tensions between major trading partners - the US and China - before correcting in the early days of September. Given the heightened trade rhetoric over the course of this year, we review the Australian economic landscape and recent quantitative model and factor performance within the Research Signals Global Factor Library.
- Services and manufacturing firms maintain a positive view on the outlook for the year, despite recent moderation in the private sector economy and outflows in equity ETFs
- All five of our thematic models recorded positive performance thus far this year for buy-rated stocks and negative returns for sell-rated stocks relative to the market, led by the Earnings Momentum (1.48% average monthly spread) and Price Momentum (1.20% average monthly spread) models
- From a long-only perspective, earnings revisions factors and measures of fundamental growth outperformed on average year-to-date, while low profits as a ratio of sales was successful in identifying underperforming stocks
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Excess capital in 2019 stress tests allow banks to hit dividend payout targets
- How to avoid a data management headache post M&A
- IHS Markit Letter to Hong Kong Authorities on UTIs and Unmasking
- Recap of the Inside ETFs Summit: Index Construction and Evolving Best Practices
- Will index rule changes affect how European credit trades vs North America?
- IHS Markit Responds to ECB Market Consultation on EDDI
- NIRI Annual Conference 2019 - Survey Findings
- How are investment managers making ESG decisions?