Demystifying AI for IR: New E-Book Available
New E-Book:Demystifying AI for IR
The public's fascination with artificial intelligence has risen dramatically in recent years, sparked by advances emerging from Big Tech. While interesting and thought provoking, the flood of information can also be confusing and distracting, leading to far more questions than answers.
In this new E-Book on the topic, we aim to demystify the current state of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as it relates to investor relations and give guidance on the trends that could have an impact to your role today and those that will have an impact tomorrow. The following topics are covered:
History of AI
The nature of human intelligence and the exploration of whether machines can replicate it has been a topic of conversation and debate for centuries.
The language of artificial intelligence has grown and evolved along with the technology. Terms defined include: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Explainable AI.
Sentiment analysis, also known as opinion mining, is one of the most highly researched applications in artificial intelligence. Early versions of sentiment analysis employed simple, rules-based techniques.
AI in Asset Management
Over the past 15 years, the asset management industry has seen a slightly different class of funds emerge from both established players and upstart organizations in applying data science techniques to existing quantitative methods. In particular:
- Asset Managers utilizing AI as part of their process
- Asset Managers who are truly AI-powered
- Prevalence of AI-powered funds
- Anatomy of an AI Fund
- The Future of AI and Asset Management
- Artificial intelligence to be a hot topic of conversation for investors and investor relations for years to come and to be increasingly relevant to issuers, investors, and other market participants.
- AI-based sentiment analysis and other potential 'killer apps' designed for IR are still in the early stage of development.
- While some market participants are currently exaggerating the influence that sentiment analysis has on markets, we do expect the power of these tools to improve over time.
- Machine learning is part of the process for many asset managers today, but decisions are still mainly being made by humans, and pure data science players represent a relatively small portion of the market at present.
- As AI grows in significance, IROs should remain apprised of where the technologies are and most importantly ensure that they know where they are heading.
To read the complete E-Book on Demystifying AI for IR:
Managing Director, Global Head of Product, Technology and Innovation
Director, Investor Relations Advisory
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- July 2022 Model Performance Report
- Securities Finance July Snapshot 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: August 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: August 2022
- Stocks rally as bears take a summer recess
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: August 2022
- Dividend Forecasting Bi-weekly Brief APAC (02 Aug 22)
- Are ransomware events considered in your Operational Resilience Plans for third party service providers?
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00